What to Expect When Arriving at Dagmar:
The measures we have enacted to help ensure your safety and customer procedures.
• We have reduced seating throughout the chalet to allow for proper physical distancing.
• Plexiglass barriers have been installed at pertinent locations.
• Physical distancing reminder signage has been placed around the resort.
Eliminating Touch Points
• We strongly encourage contact-less payment methods.
• Lift Tickets, Rentals, Season Passes & Programs for activities are available for pre-purchase online, this is the recommended method to purchase.
• Once you find a parking spot, your vehicle will serve as your base-camp. Be dressed and ready to ski.
• Prepare to be outdoors for the majority of your visit and dress appropriately for the weather.
• Please use your car as much as possible for changing clothing and equipment and eating your packed lunch. Please do not litter your garbage onto the parking lot.
• Please ensure when you are parked, that you keep the 2 meter distance between your vehicle and its occupants and another vehicle and their occupants. Wait until the neighbouring occupants have left the area prior to exiting your vehicle to maintain physical distancing.
• Cashless payment methods available and preferred
• Pass pickup should be done prior to opening, once you receive your confirmed for pickup email please make arrangements to do so.
• Last minute pass pick-ups will generate long delays and distanced line-ups.
• Pass Photos will no longer be taken in-house. PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO WHEN PURCHASING A PASS OR EMAIL IMMEDIATELY AFTER.
• We are not able to process photos sent in less than 2 weeks prior to opening. You must send in your photo within 2 weeks after purchase.
• Online bookings – If it’s necessary to take your photo, there will be a fee of $15.00 per photo.
• Physical Distancing and occupancy capacities will be followed, expect longer than normal line ups.
• Sanitize hands before entering the lodge. Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout Dagmar.
• Face Masks, when entering the chalet, Dagmar guests and employees will be required to wear a face covering while on Dagmar premises, in public places, with the exception being while eating in designated areas.
• You must remain in your social circle as a skiing family or your social bubble.
• We will be limiting the number of people at all locations within the chalet.
• Only 1 visiting family member for viewing per child will be permitted this season due to strict capacity restrictions and may be time-limited.
• Unfortunately, there will be no extra viewing for extended family members and friends.
• The chalet is available for purchasing food & beverages, gift shop items,
• There is a no return and no refund policy for any purchased items.
• The chalet is available for customers to use the washroom and for rental equipment pick up.
• Chalet capacity will be very limited this season and reservations may be required.
• Please DO NOT enter table seating areas and seat yourself; you may be escorted to appropriately sanitized tables to enjoy your purchased food & beverage.
Getting Ready to Ski or Snowboard
• BASE CAMP will be your car this season; please get ready to ski or snowboard using your vehicle. Leave your belongings in your vehicle. Please do not litter garbage from your vehicle
• Bags, backpacks and lunches will NOT be permitted in the Chalet.
• Dress for the weather as chalet may be at capacity and you may have to remain outside
• There may be minimal areas inside the chalet to get dressed to go outside, (first come first served and used only if necessary)
• Daily Locker Rentals and limited shelving will be available on a first come first served basis, if necessary.
• A quick warm-up and change room will be available on weekends at the West Chalet, time limit of 10 minutes.
• Wear your face mask or covering. If you forget, there will masks available for sale at the entrance door and gift shop.
• Maintain your Social Distance – Guests are requested to maintain 2 meter physical distance.
• Guests who live together will be allowed to ride lifts together while others will need to physically distance and refrain from being in large groups.
Purchasing Lift Tickets, Rentals and Lesson Check-In
• Guests may pre-purchase ONLINE same-day lift tickets and rentals. Products may be limited online.
• Onsite sales may be limited, due to resort capacity limits.
• Line ups will adhere to physical distancing between individuals or between individual households and cohorts.
• Prepare for above normal physically distanced line-ups.
• Please arrive a minimum of one hour prior to any scheduled lesson and earlier if renting equipment.
• We may require all guests, including pass holders, to “sign-in” for contact tracing purpose
• Dagmar team members will be present to manage line-ups & communications.
Snow School Lessons & Programs
• Physical Distancing between instructors and participants will be adhered to. However, when it cannot be achieved during a lesson: Use of PPE, face coverings, goggles, and gloves for winter are required.
• If a participant develops symptoms while in the program, the participant should be isolated until others in family or visitor group have been notified.
• Dress for the weather as the chalet may be at capacity and you may have to remain outside. Please use your vehicle as your BASE CAMP this season
• Please refer and read carefully to the Covid-19 Protocol Policy set by My Snow School
Equipment Rental & Guest Use of Rentals
• The rental facility will abide by physical distancing and cleaning protocols.
• Hand sanitation stations will be available at high touch points areas (boot areas, helmet areas, and counter spaces).
• Staff will wear PPE and/ or face shields.
• Equipment rented for 8 Week Programs will be pre-set and ready for 2nd day of programs.
• Prepare for above normal physically distanced line-ups while getting your rentals.
• To reduce the possibility of cross contamination, separate areas for pick up and returns may be provided.
• Returned rentals will be disinfected before being placed back into service.
Food and Beverage
• Cashless payment methods available and are preferred.
• Enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces and equipment is being implemented.
• Outdoor picnic areas are available.
• Take-out is available.
• Tables will be secured for Dagmar food and beverage purchases only.
• You may be escorted to appropriately sanitized tables to enjoy your food.
• Time limits may be in effect and may require you to call for reservations.
• Homemade meals, bagged lunches or food not purchased from our cafeteria is NOT allowed in chalet due to government restrictions and limited seating capacity.
• Please eat your lunch/dinner in your car and please do not litter.
• Lift line-ups will be structured safely to maintain physical distancing.
• Guests who live together and are in their social or family bubble will be allowed to ride lifts together.
• Prepare for above normal physically distanced line-ups.
• Use of non-medical face coverings will be required while lining up and using lifts.
• Disinfecting measures for lift carriers and stations may vary based on practicality, and weather conditions.
• Team members will be required to wear PPE to protect themselves and our guests.
• May be strictly enforced to control access only to pass holders, valid ticket holders and booked lessons.
• Persons without a valid ticket will not be permitted on the hill.
• There is a limited number of people permitted on the snow, everyone must have a valid ticket.
• If one parent wishes to be on the snow with their child, they must purchase a walking on snow ticket and abide by the Alpine Responsibility Code.
Outdoors and Physical Distancing While Skiing:
• The great news is skiing and snowboarding is a socially distanced outdoor sport!
• Open outdoor spaces in the fresh air is mentally and physically invigorating and healthy.
• Your main skiing attire already consists of face covering, goggles and gloves.
• Dagmar guests and employees will be required to wear a face covering while on Dagmar premises when using lifts, while skiing and snowboarding and in public places.
• Physical distancing within a lesson group such as a Discover may not be possible at all times. Instructors will attempt to physically distance as much as possible from other groups during these times.
• Signage is placed in washrooms to advise guests of appropriate physical distancing, proper hand washing and waste disposal techniques.
• Washrooms will have restricted capacities based on maintaining physical distancing.
• Frequent cleaning & disinfection of washrooms is scheduled, depending on occupancy loads.
• Dagmar team members may be present to manage line-ups & communications.
• Enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented throughout our resort, with additional focus on our cafeteria, high traffic and high contact areas.
• The virus which causes COVID-19 may be lessened by routine surface cleaning and our team members are committed to cleaning throughout the resort.
• Ecolab is the leader in hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. Dagmar will be involved with the Ecolab Science Certified Program and staff will be trained by Ecolab professionals.
Screening and Guest Wellness Responsibilities:
• Stay informed on Covid-19 information and updates.
• Feeling ill; you must not visit if you are feeling ill and are uncertain of your symptoms, use the Government on-line self-assessment test at (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 for further guidance and to determine if you can come skiing or if a Covid-19 test is required.
• Frequent Hand washing and sanitization is necessary. Use hand washing/sanitizing stations provided.
• Practice physical distancing of 2 metres between non-household members.
• Mask wearing is mandatory while indoors and must be worn outdoors when physical distancing of 2 meters is not available.
• Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
• Follow all signage and directional signs at Dagmar Resort and physical distance markers on the floors.
• Clean personal sports equipment frequently and wash PPE.
Respect the Rules:
• Clients are reminded that changes to our operating plan may be required as the situation changes.
• We believe the most critical element to having a successful season at Dagmar will be the willingness of customers to fully comply with physical distancing, face covering and similar requirements and respect the changes to the usual social interactions at Dagmar that are essential.
• Please be respectful of each other’s time. We are all in this together and working together.
• If you do not follow all hygiene, face-covering and physical distancing guidelines, you may respectfully be asked to leave the resort.
DOWNLOAD THE RESORT APP: Stay informed with the most up-to-date resort information. Pending Completion.
Quick-Check List before Visiting Dagmar
Please be advised that at any given time:
- Dagmar may change the hours of operation or close unexpectedly due to the continuously changing conditions and challenges of COVID-19.
- Always call ahead, check on social media or our website on capacity limits & additional updates.
- We may limit the daily number of guests indoors and outdoors.
- We may limit the number of daily non skiing guests.
- There is a limited number of people permitted on the snow, everyone must have a valid ticket, if one parent wishes to be on the snow with their child, they must purchase a walking on snow ticket and abide by the Alpine Responsibility Code
- We may require all guests, including pass holders, to “sign-in” for contact tracing purpose
- To help manage capacity at Dagmar, access to Dagmar may be granted with a confirmed reservation and/or a pre-purchased pass, lesson or program.
- Without a reservation or a program pass you may be asked to visit on another day should DAGMAR be at capacity.
- Chalet access will be reduced or restricted.
- Base Lodge is your car, please arrive dressed & prepared to hit the slopes
- The bathrooms will be accessible, there may be long waits during certain time and days
- The restaurant will be accessible with a limited menu. there may be long waits during certain time and days
- The coffee and lounge bar will be accessible with the gift-shop selling basic necessities.
- You must NOT bring any food into the chalet or personal belongings into the chalet
- There will be no indoor viewing, a 10 minute warm-up on very cold days.
- Limited seating inside at the tables will be for restaurant and bar patrons which will be time limited. Picnic tables will also be available outside for your food purchases.
- Purchase products online. The outside ticket windows will be accessible & onsite sales may be limited.
- Clear markings of door entry and exit please abide by them
- Please pick up your pass once you receive confirmation that it is ready
- Pictures – For passes & program you need to email photos to us a minimum of 2 weeks prior to opening. We are unable process last minute photos.
- Dagmar will no longer be taking photos. A $15.00 per person charge will be added if a photo needs to be taken.
Dagmar Resort Management Rights
Management reserves the right to make any changes at any time to any products offered to any products pricing or to operating and closing schedules at any time. Management further reverses the right to capacity control or to any and all other changes which are or will be implemented.