My Snow School Inc.
Dagmar Resort is the best student learning centre around including 18 slopes with varied terrain for all skill levels. Our beginner area is the largest around with a gentle slope and a Magic Carpet Lift (like a moving conveyer belt) which makes learning quick and easy! Our lift capacity will ensure your students are skiing and not standing in line.
Our student friendly cafeteria offers lunch options your students will love. Our charming chalet has beautiful views overlooking the slopes where teachers can watch their students in our Lounge while enjoying a coffee from our Coffee Bar.
All students will be outfitted in equipment customized to their size and skill level and will SKI OUT of the rental shop into their lessons. You’ll have to see it to believe it!
We can accommodate all of your needs and special requests!
Dagmar Ski Resort – Approved for School Trips Alpine or Nordic areas approved for school trips by
The Ontario Snow Resorts Association.
Dagmar Ski Resort – Authorized School Trip Vendor and Location by the Toronto District School Board
Book Online Today – It’s Easy !
Teachers…we truly appreciate all of your hard work in organizing out-of-classroom excursions. To make booking at Dagmar easy, we have a few helpful points:
1. We do not require a deposit upon booking trip dates
2. Upon booking you will receive an e-mail confirmation including a Teacher’s Handbook to guide you through your ski trip preparations (including arrival procedures, cancellation procedures, lesson procedures and everything you need to know!),
3. If you reserve dates with us and you need to change your dates, no problem. We are flexible.
4. We have an on-line option for payments. Parents can access your school trip on our web-site and pay using credit card. We will collect all payments (including the bus fee) and provide you with a spreadsheet of your participant information at any time prior to your trip. If we have collected your bus fee, we will provide you with a cheque of the total amount upon arrival. We also accept a ski trip payment in the form of a cheque if you prefer to collect payments.
5. The OSBIE Ski Trip Excursion Form can also be completed on-line by the parents. No more collecting forms!
6. Give us a call in the Snow School Office to reserve your dates (905) 649-2002.
When you Arrive:
Arriving to Dagmar on your trip day is simple! We will greet your bus and TAKE OVER! You can relax and enjoy your day!
1. PLEASE STAY ON YOUR BUS! A Dagmar Bus Greeter will visit your bus and discuss safety information with your students before they enter the lodge.
2. The Dagmar Bus Greeter will guide your students into the lodge and put a ski ticket on each student and supervisor.
3. All original copies of the Consent Forms will be collected at this time. Any student or supervisor without a form will not have the ability to participate.
4. Students who are renting equipment will be guided to the rental shop. Any student with their own equipment will be required to leave that equipment outside on the racks.
5. Your school will have a designated area for back-packs, lunches etc….
6. Once students are outfitted, they will be guided to the lesson area for immediate ski or snowboard instruction.
7. The Ski Trip Organizer will then meet in the Snow School Office for trip payment.
8. Please ensure students leave all valuables at home the day of your trip. Dagmar Resort is not responsible for lost of damages articles.
Dagmar Responsibility Code
The Alpine Skier’s and Snowboarder’s Responsibility Code is officially endorsed by the Ontario Ski Resorts Association.
It is important that you, your supervisors and your students become familiar with the code as there are elements of risk in skiing and snowboarding that can be reduced with some common sense and personal awareness. Please adhere to the code listed below and share with others the responsibility for a safe outdoor experience:
1. Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
4. Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. If you are involved in or witness a collision or accident, you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the ski patrol
6. Always use proper devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
7. Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings.
8. Keep off closed trails and closed areas.
9. You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through the use of alcohol or drugs.
10. You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask a lift attendant. KNOW THE CODE – BE SAFETY CONSCIOUS – IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
We have been skiing at many snow schools in southern Ontario. None have treated us better than Dagmar. They were extremely organized and got our students on the snow quickly. The lineups were short and a great day was had by all. I would recommend these slopes to all schools.
Our school had a wonderful experience at Dagmar this winter. We were very impressed with how organized the lessons were and how helpful everyone at Dagmar was. Instructors were very professional and the staff in the rental shop was very accommodating to our students. We are looking forward to returning next year.
As the Principal of the school, Iwas very happy with the level of teaching the children received at Dagmar this season. They had a blast. I feel confident that the children are in good hands and more than anything, safety is the priority.
Meredith and her team of instructors were outstanding. Affable, efficient and thorough, the instructors made certain that every student received expert assistance and did so in a friendly way.
Thank you to the Dagmar Snow School. The instructors were very friendly and skilled which helped to make our experience a positive one.